Welcome to Direct 2 Lawyers’ first instalment of “Wacky employment news of the week”. Although most of the content on our website (and our blog) is fairly serious in nature we sometimes like to let our hair down and take a look at the (often) fun and (sometimes) weird stuff that happens out there in the big wide world. You’ll therefore find below a “run-down” of 10 employment-related cases that have jumped out from the page at us in the last week. Enjoy!
- 14 ways to be better at your job (Forbes) – a run-down (as you may have guessed) on how you can improve your performance at work
- Rhode Island teacher quits job on the internet (The FW) – a teacher chooses a novel way to quit from his job
- Autonomous robots may work alongside surgeons soon (The Verge) – robots may soon be working alongside doctors in surgery
- Goose-stepping nurse brought up before Nursing and Midwifery Council (planet ivy) – not much more to say there, really! To read is to believe.
- No, Employees, McDonalds Will Not Be Paying You Overtime To Serve Their Garbage On Christmas – apparently McDonalds won’t be paying overtime on Christmas Day