This is the first of our weekly “run-down” of recent Employment Appeal Tribunal decisions. Most other weeks we’ll post this on a Friday but today – as a special treat to the people reading this – it’s out two days early. Enjoy!
- Adecco UK Ltd v Aldwinkle  UKEAT 0208_12_0811 – costs and cost procedure. Whether the Employment Judge was entitled to make an order as to costs.
- Croker v Surrey County Council  UKEAT 0358_11_1811 – time limits for bringing a claim to the Employment Tribunal
- Freedom Choice Care Ltd v Buchanan  UKEAT 0388_11_0105 – technical issues regarding the composition of an Employment Tribunal panel – in particular regarding the substitution of members for unavailable members
- Doyle v Chief Constable of Northumbria Police  UKEAT 0576_11_1712 – disability discrimination and whether the decision not to award an employee sick pay was caused by the discrimination (and was therefore victimisation)
- The Partners of Haxby Practice v Collen  UKEAT 0120_12_2911 – whether a contract of employment had been verbally established
- Simpson v London Borough of Hackney & Ors  UKEAT 0104_12_2910 – the establishment of damages for breach of contract
- Big City Leisure Ltd v McCarthy  UKEAT 0459_12_3110 – amendments to claim and permissions from the Employment Tribunal